About the château
Architecturally pure castle building conceals a richly decorated interiors in the style of Baroque, Rococo, Empire and Biedermeier. They feature a collection of porcelain, oriental objects and a number of items of daily use. The most valuable collection is, however, an extensive collection of paintings from the 16th to 19th century with a rare set of works by Dutch masters and works of famous Czech artists. Impressive and authentically preserved interior of the castle chapel is the work of a master of Moravian sculpture Ondřej Schweigl.
Château Vizovice was built in the 18th century by canon of Olomouc and later bishop of Hradec Kralove Herman Hannibal of Blümengen. Building was commissioned by a prominent Brno architect František Antonín Grimm (1710 - 1784), who built the château in the modern French style. In the second half of the 18th century the construction of the château and château garden has been finished, and the interiors were purchased as well. The interiors were extremely valuable, especially when the heirs of Herman Hannibal moved Blümengen's colletion of paintings into Vizovice. Together with the château, a château garden in French style was founded, complemented by statues from a leading Brno sculptor Ondřej Schweigl (1736-1812). Ondřej Schweigl is also the author of decoration of the impressive interior of the château chapel of Our Lady Mother of Good Council. In the early 19th century, the estate passed through family trees to the family of Stillfrieds, who according to their abilities complemented each gallery, but mainly the graphic collection. Stillfrieds then owned the Vizovice estate until 1945. After the 2nd World War, the ownership of the château passed to the government and since 1948 is open to the public.